Township of Brock Golf Tournament
20th Annual Charity Golf Tournament
The Township of Brock is proud to present their 20th Annual Charity Golf Tournament at Cedarhurst Golf Club in Beaverton on Thursday, June 21, 2018. All proceeds from this fund-raising event will be used to assist local non-profit organizations in completing quality youth-oriented projects and programs in our Township. Over the first nineteen years of this tournament you have raised $196,133. for this great cause.
You are invited to participate in this fun-filled day of golfing activities. All entrants will receive a barbeque lunch, golf and a cart, a hot dinner and a complimentary gift. Your entry fee includes “FREE” entry into both the putting and chipping contests. Golfers will also have a chance at other great prizes being awarded for closest-to-the-pin, longest drive, hole-in-one and other fun contests.
Due to the demand to golf in this tournament over the past several years, we are no longer accepting reservations for golfers over the phone or by fax. Full payment of registration fees is required in order to guarantee a spot in this tournament. Payments can be made by mail or in person at the address shown above. Registrations will be accepted starting on April 2, 2018.
While we have had tremendous support through the years for this event, fund-raising efforts become a little more difficult each year. We are always in need of tournament/hole sponsors and prize donations.
Sponsorship Opportunities & Donations
In order for our tournament to be successful, we need support from businesses and community organizations in the form of sponsorships and donations. You can contribute to our fund-raising efforts by participating in any of the programs listed below. No contribution is considered too small.
Major Sponsorship – $2,500
Major Sponsors Will Receive:
- Corporate Logo and Advertising on all Promotional Print Advertising
- Banners and Advertising Space at the Registration Table and Welcome Area
- Full Page Advertisement in Tournament Program (Distributed to all participants & sponsors)
- Complimentary Hole Sponsorship
- Signage at the Banquet Hall for Dinner / Awards Presentation
- Opportunity to speak at the Awards Presentation
- Complimentary Foursome for the Golf Tournament
- Company Name / Logo on the Complimentary Clothing (Distributed to all golfers)
Hole Sponsorship – $250
- Promotional sign placed at one hole (Tee-off area)
- Recognition on the Tournament score cards
- Recognition on display boards at Tournament registration
- Recognition in the Tournament program (Distributed to all participants & sponsors)
Advertising Space In The Golf Program
- Advertising in our full colour Golf Tournament Program is an excellent opportunity for you to support our event while also allowing you to advertise your product or service.
- Full Page Advertisement – $150.00
- Half-Page Advertisement – $75.00
Prize / Cash Donations
- Recognition in the Tournament Program (Distributed to all participants and sponsors)
Other Ideas Or Service That You Would Like To Contribute
- We are very willing to discuss any idea or contribution that you feel would be beneficial to our event and work out the appropriate recognition or promotion for your company.
If you should require any further information or have any questions, please contact Arlene Smith by email at email@example.com or at 705-432-2355 Ext. 230.
Application for Funds
Local community organizations can apply for the use of these funds by submitting a written proposal to the Township of Brock outlining their project. Applications should include details regarding estimated costs, other fund-raising efforts, expected completion dates and the expected benefits for the youth and the community.
All applications for funding must adhere to the following criteria:
- Youth-oriented projects only
- Completed by a local non-profit organization or group within or serving the residents of the Township of Brock
- An innovative project that promotes the health, wellness and physical activity of our youth; general operating costs are excluded
- Projects will only be funded to a maximum of 50% – other fund-raising efforts for the remainder of the project will be required
- No project will be awarded more than $2,000 from the annual golf tournament proceeds
- Proof of expenditure must be provided upon completion of the project
- The project should be completed with 18 months of the funds being awarded (extensions will be considered with reasonable explanation)
Given that the proceeds may fluctuate from year to year not all projects will be able to be funded. The Township shall at its’ sole discretion approve the applications.For further information, please contact Laura Barta at the Municipal Administration Building, 1 Cameron Street East, Cannington or by telephone at 705-432-2355 ext. 224
19th Annual Charity Golf Tournament - June 2017
The Township of Brock held its 19th Annual Charity Golf Tournament at Cedarhurst Golf Club in Beaverton on Thursday, June 22, 2017. All proceeds from this fund-raising event have been used to assist local non-profit organizations in completing quality youth-oriented projects and programs in our Township. In 2017 over $13,000 was raised. Thank you to all sponsors and participants who made this tournament a success!
Beaverton Curling Club – School Youth Curling Program
1st Beaverton Pathfinders & Rangers – Camping Equipment
Brock Minor Hockey – Foam Rink Dividers
Brock Youth Centre – Youth Employability Training
Cannington Baseball Association – Pitching Machine and Baseball Clinic
Cannington Figure Skating Club – New Lighting and Decor for Skating Show
Cannington Haunted Trail – Power Supply at Barn
1st Cannington Scouts – Equipment Replacements
McCaskills Mills SCC – First Nations Dancing Program
Precious Minds – Day Camp Program
Sunderland Skating Club – Equipment and Props for Skating Show