Township of Brock Golf Tournament
21st Annual Charity Golf Tournament
More information on the 21st Annual Charity Golf Tournament will be available in early 2019!
Application for Funds
Local community organizations can apply for the use of these funds by submitting a written proposal to the Township of Brock outlining their project. Applications(pdf) should include details regarding estimated costs, other fund-raising efforts, expected completion dates and the expected benefits for the youth and the community.
All applications for funding must adhere to the following criteria:
- Youth-oriented projects only
- Completed by a local non-profit organization or group within or serving the residents of the Township of Brock
- An innovative project that promotes the health, wellness and physical activity of our youth; general operating costs are excluded
- Projects will only be funded to a maximum of 50% – other fund-raising efforts for the remainder of the project will be required
- No project will be awarded more than $2,000 from the annual golf tournament proceeds
- Proof of expenditure must be provided upon completion of the project
- The project should be completed with 18 months of the funds being awarded (extensions will be considered with reasonable explanation)
Given that the proceeds may fluctuate from year to year not all projects will be able to be funded. The Township shall at its’ sole discretion approve the applications.For further information, please contact Laura Barta at the Municipal Administration Building, 1 Cameron Street East, Cannington or by telephone at 705-432-2355 ext. 224
Deadline for submissions: October 31, 2018 at 4:00 p.m.
Applications received after this date will automatically be referred for future consideration from the proceeds of the next year’s tournament.
20th Annual Charity Golf Tournament
The Township of Brock hosted the 20th Annual Charity Golf Tournament at Cedarhurst Golf Club in Beaverton on Thursday, June 21, 2018. All proceeds from this fund-raising event will be used to assist local non-profit organizations in completing quality youth-oriented projects and programs in our Township. Over $15,000 was raised at the 2018 tournament.
Thank you to all participants and sponsors for making this another successful event!
19th Annual Charity Golf Tournament - June 2017
The Township of Brock held its 19th Annual Charity Golf Tournament at Cedarhurst Golf Club in Beaverton on Thursday, June 22, 2017. All proceeds from this fund-raising event have been used to assist local non-profit organizations in completing quality youth-oriented projects and programs in our Township. In 2017 over $13,000 was raised. Thank you to all sponsors and participants who made this tournament a success!
Beaverton Curling Club – School Youth Curling Program
1st Beaverton Pathfinders & Rangers – Camping Equipment
Brock Minor Hockey – Foam Rink Dividers
Brock Youth Centre – Youth Employability Training
Cannington Baseball Association – Pitching Machine and Baseball Clinic
Cannington Figure Skating Club – New Lighting and Decor for Skating Show
Cannington Haunted Trail – Power Supply at Barn
1st Cannington Scouts – Equipment Replacements
McCaskills Mills SCC – First Nations Dancing Program
Precious Minds – Day Camp Program
Sunderland Skating Club – Equipment and Props for Skating Show