Parking By-law Enforcement
Parking tickets will be issued for violations of the Traffic By-law. Parking is permitted on all streets within the urban areas for a 3 hour period unless otherwise posted. The most common parking infractions are:
- parking left wheels to the curb;
- parking longer than 3 hours;
- parking in a prohibited area;
- parking within 3 metres of a fire hydrant;
- stopped so as to interfere with traffic/snow removal;
- parking within 10 metres of an intersection; and
- parking in a disabled parking space.
The following is a summary of procedures for paying your ticket:
- voluntary payment may be made to the municipality within 7 consecutive days of the date of issue, and
- the set fine amount shown on the ticket may be paid to the municipality within 15 days of the date of issue.
If you wish to dispute a ticket, you may make an appointment to discuss the issue with the By-law Enforcement Officer. If the matter is not resolved to your satisfaction, A Notice of Intention to Appear can be filed and a court date is set for trial.