Council & Committees
Council, Committee of the Whole and Statutory Public meetings are normally held on Mondays with the exception of special meetings which may be scheduled at the discretion of the Clerk and CAO. All meetings of Council and Committees are open to the public with the exception of certain items which may be discussed in-camera.
Correspondence to be placed on an agenda must be received by the Clerk’s Department by no later than Tuesday at 12:00 p.m. of the week prior to the Council or Committee meeting.
If you would like to make a presentation to the Committee of the Whole, you can schedule a deputation online and a Clerk's Department staff member will be in touch to confirm.
Council meets on the 4th Monday of the month at 6:30 p.m.
Special Council Meetings
Special Council meetings may be called by the Mayor or Clerk at any time. Twenty-four hours notice of the meeting is required, unless deemed an emergency.
Committee of the Whole
The Committee of the Whole meets the first and third Monday of the month at 9:30 a.m. in Council Chambers.
The agenda contains correspondence and communications for matters relating to:
- Annual budget, financial reporting, statements, and other matters related to the Treasury Department
- Public Works, Facilities & Parks
- Maintenance of public buildings including arenas, parks and community centres, roads and bridges, sidewalks, drains, and traffic control.
- Building Planning and Economic Development
- Building activities, long-range land use planning, development approvals, economic development and policy.
- Tourism, Heritage & Recreation
- Tourism initiatives, heritage programs, recreation programs and other cultural facilities.
- Protection Services
- Animal control, by-law enforcement, fire, and emergency planning.
- Corporate Services
- Administrative related issues and procedures
When required, an Education /Training session will be held on the second Monday of each month at 4:30 p.m.
Statutory Public Meetings under the Planning Act
Statutory Public Meetings will be held on the second Monday of each month at 6:30 p.m. when required.
The format for statutory public meetings will proceed as follows:
- Township staff will provide a brief overview of the application.
- The applicant or their representative may appear and provide information regarding the application.
- Members of the public and/or stakeholders in attendance and wishing to speak may make an oral submission.
- The chair may call on the applicant and/or staff to provide
clarification on matters raised by members of the public and/or