Welcome to the Township of Brock
Santa Claus Parades
November 16, 2018 at 7:00 p.m.
- Parade departing from the Beaverton Arena
- Visit the stores of downtown Beaverton before the parade as they celebrate their Christmas Open House
- Watch for the lights to go on at Alexander Muir Park as the Parade goes by and see what the Beaverton Lions have been working on.
- Bring the kids to the Beaverton Fire Hall after the Parade to visit with Santa and get a treat bag from the Volunteer Firefighters while warming up and enjoying a free hot chocolate from the Beaverton Lions Club.
- For more info or to Register your float contact Chris Gillespie at Davis Hardware or email firstname.lastname@example.org
November 24, 2018 at 11:00 a.m.
- Theme: “A Sport’n Christmas”
- Parade departing from the Rick MacLeish Memorial Community Centre
- Floats welcomed and should contact Lion Bo Enss 705-432-3241 or email@example.com
- Food bank donations welcomed along the route
- Visit with Santa at Fire Hall following parade
Sunderland Santa Claus Parade
December 8, 2018 at 7:00 p.m.
- Free family skate from 4:30 – 6:30 p.m. at the Sunderland Memorial Arena
- Parade departing from the Sunderland Memorial Arena
- For more information contact Joan Down at 705-357-3852 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Nov 12 Santa Claus Parades
Nov 20 Early On Drop In
Brock Township Public Library - Beaverton Branch hosts Early On for 0-6 year olds with parents and caregivers
Nov 20 Brain Wave Café
Nourish Community Hub
A social and informal place for individuals with cognitive (memory) change to meet together socially in the community for stimulating conversation, support and other engaging activities such as a visit from Therapeutic Paws Canada, a fun Drum Circle or so much more!
Friends and Family welcome!
Nov 20 Table Talks
Nourish Community Hub
Table Talks. The third Tuesday of every month. Table Talks is a collaborative partnership with Durham Integrated Growers (DIG), North House Transitional Housing, and the Nourish and Develop Foundation (TNDF). The talks center around good and environmental related topics of importance to our community. The events are held on the third Tuesday evening of each month at different locations in Brock. We have brought local farms, cheese makers, beekeepers, policy writers, gardeners, entrepreneurs, students, parents, community developers and every one in between, together to discuss the importance of local food. Check out our Facebook page for the next event!