Welcome to the Township of Brock
Canada 150 Photo Contest
Celebrate Canada’s 150th Birthday and our amazing community! Upload a photo taken by you that represents the beauty and wonder of the community and you will automatically be entered for a chance to win a monthly Township of Brock gift package or one of six grand prizes.
This contest is open to any resident of Brock Township. Entrants are divided into two age groups: 13 years of age & under and over the age of 13. A monthly gift packages will be awarded to one contestant for each age group on the 27th of each month. Six grand prizes will be awarded at the end of the contest for the top three photos from each age group. Monthly prize winners will be featured on the Township of Brock’s website and the Brock Citizen. Contest runs from February 27, 2017 to June 27, 2017. The six grand prize winners will be announced on July 1, 2017 during the local Canada Day Celebrations.
Be sure to carefully read the full contest rules before submitting an application form.
Submit your photograph online today!
Congrats to our March Photo of the Month Winners:
- 13 years of age and over: Osprey Returning to Brock submitted by Pat Rose (featured above)
- Under 13 years of age: Serenity submitted by Serenity Kortko
Apr 21 Burn By-Law Regulations
Apr 25 Mayor's Spring Networking Breakfast
Sunderland Memorial Arena
Mayor's Networking Business Breakfast
A bi-annual event held by the Mayor and members of Council in conjunction with the Brock Economic Development Advisory Committee in which all businesses in the Township are invited to attend this free networking event, be updated on current planning and economic initiatives taking place in the Township, and learn about business services and funding opportunities available. Pre-registration required.
Apr 25 Foot Care Clinic - Beaverton
Community Care Durham provides foot care clinics to those who require assistance with their foot care due to vision and mobility difficulties or for those who have diabetes. Services are provided by a registered practical nurses trained in foot care. To register for foot care, please contact Kelly Linkert-Blair at Community Care Durham - Brock (705)432-2900.
Apr 26 Passport Clinic
Please note: Passports cannot be processed the day of clinic. Wait times are approximately 4 to 6 weeks through the MP service and 2 weeks through the Whitby passport office. Urgent service can be provided at the passport office in Scarborough, at 200 Town Centre Court. For this service proof of travel is required, an an additional fee will be charged.
Things to bring:
- Original birth certificate, Canadian citizenship card and/or most recent Canadian passport (current or expired within one year of published date)
- Secondary I.D. such as a Driver's Licence, Health Card, Photo Identity Card (Photocopy will be required to be signed by guarantor). Secondary I.D. is NOT required for renewals.
- If you are an adult general applicant who has had a name change, you will require supporting documents, for example, a legal name change certificate, a marriage certificate and/or divorce decree.
- Credit card, money order, or certified cheque ( payable to 'The Receiver General of Canada' ) for $120 - 5 year / $160 - 10 year Adult, $57 Child - 0 to 15 years of age. Please no cash. Payment is not processed at this clinic.
- Names, full mailing addresses and phone numbers of two people (not related to you) who have known you for at least two (2) years.
- A first time passport application for a child 15 years of age and under must include one proof of parentage document that demonstrate the child-parent relationships such as a long form birth certificate
Applications will be available and there will be a photographer on site for a fee of $15 per person. You are not required to use this service however, pictures are required as part of the application process. (First time applicant's photos are required to be signed by a guarantor - a signature is NOT required for a renewal)
In addition, we are unable to provide a guarantor. A guarantor is a Canadian citizen, 18 years of age or older in possession of a valid Canadian passport who has known you for at least two (2) years. A family member of person residing at the same address as you may be your guarantor, provided the above requirements are met. For more information visit Passport Canada.