Township of Brock March E-newsletter
Save the date for the Spring 2017 Mayors Networking Business Breakfast!
Public Works Department News
March 20, 10:00 a.m. – Council and Finance
March 27, 10:00 a.m. – Planning, Protection to Persons & Property, and Administration & Personnel
April 3, 10:00 a.m. – Council & Finance
April 10, 10:00 a.m. – Public Works and Parks & Recreation
Celebrate Canada 150
The 150th Celebration continues! Check out the full list of celebrations happening nationwide.
This month's featured event is We Are Canada. By coming together, we forge Canada's path forward. Take the pledge to join a community of Canadians who are shaping the future of the country.
Not Just Business As Usual at the Library!
Canada 150 Photo Contest – ” I Love My Community”
Exploring Value-Added Opportunities Workshop
Durham Region Updates
Help improve early learning and child care in Durham Region! Parents and caregivers of children 9 to 12 years old in Durham Region are invited to participate in the online survey.
#CycleDurham – Cycling is on the map in Durham Region.
DRT Public Information Centres – Drop in to learn about the approved 2017 Service Plan, as well as DRT's Five Year Service Strategy. Sunderland Memorial Arena, Tuesday April 4, 2017 from 3:30 – 5:40 p.m. and 6:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
2017 Township of Brock Accessibility Award
Maple Syrup Production in Brock Township
- A maple tree has to be at least 40 years old to be big enough to tap
- Maple syrup doesn't freeze
- Sap has a sugar content of about 2.5% while syrup averages 66.6%
- For every litre of syrup, farmers have to boil down 40 litres of sap
Brock Tourism BR+E 2017
- Promotes job growth by helping communities learn about issues/opportunities for local businesses and set priorities for projects to address these needs
- A BR+E project consists of trained volunteers who visit businesses and conduct confidential interviews with business owners/senior level management.
- Determine how to capitalize on Brock's best tourism assets
- Continue to support existing tourism-related businesses and determine other ways that these existing business can be supported more effectively
- Grow the tourism industry in Brock Township by attracting new businesses and visitors
- Create a sustainable tourism sector in Brock Township
Upcoming Community Events
Beaverton-Thorah Community Centre
Sunderland Memorial Arena
April 1 & 2, 2017 Sunderland