Township of Brock April E-newsletter
2017 Township of Brock Accessibility Award
Spring Reminders from the Fire Department
- Burning is NOT permitted in the urban areas of Beaverton Cannington or Sunderland, the hamlets of Gamebridge, Port Bolster, Wilfrid, Manilla or Property Zoned Rural Residential (RR) or front on the Pines Lane.
- Residents living in an area where burning is permitted, make sure you know, understand and adhere to all Burn By-Law Regulations.
Celebrate Canada 150
The 150th Celebration continues! Check out the full list of celebrations happening nationwide.
This month's featured event is Sharing Dance Day. Learn the choreography, host an event and register to dance! Signature Official Events are being held nationwide!
Brock Tourism BR+E 2017
- continue to support existing tourism-related business and determine other ways that these existing businesses can be support more effectively;
- determine how to capitalize on Brock's best tourism assets;
- grow the tourism industry in Brock by attracting new business and visitors; and create a sustainable tourism sector in Brock.
Public Works Department News
- Early Bird Deadline – Savings of $10 per child per session if registered by May 31, 2017.
- Regular Rate – As of June 1, 2017 Day Camp will increase in prices to its regular rate.
April 24, 10:00 a.m. – Planning, Protection to Persons & Property and Administration & Personnel
May 1, 10:00 a.m. – Council & Finance
May 8, 10:00 a.m. – Public Works and Parks & Recreation
- May 15, 10:00 a.m. – Planning, Protection to Persons & Property and Administration & Personnel
Canada 150 Photo Contest – ” I Love My Community”
- 13 years of age and over: Osprey Returning to Brock submitted by Pat Rose (featured above)
- Under 13 years of age: Serenity submitted by Serenity Kortko
Red Welcome Wagon Visits
Mayor John Grant, Regional Councillor W.E. Ted Smith,
- Free Compost – residents may fill up to 4 blue boxes with compost. Green bins, blue boxes and backyard composters will be available for sale (Cash only). Damaged Blue Boxes and Green bins may also be exchanged for new ones, free of charge.
- Recycle Your Electronic Waste – Keep electrnics out of the waste stream. Bring your end of life electronics such as MP3 Players, Cameras, Telephones, TVs, Radios and DVD Players, for free recycling.
- Drop off your Household Hazardous Waste Collection – Antifreeze, batteries, brake fluid, motor oil, herbicides, insecticides and propane tanks. You can also pick up a FREE gallon of recycled paint when you drop off HHW (limit one per vehicle) courtesy of Photech Environmental.
Save the Date! Official Celebration of the Beaver Trail Extension Rehabilitation
Upcoming Community Events
Trinity United Church – Cannington
Manila Community Hall
Sunderland Memorial Arena
Saturday April 29, 2017, 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.