Third Party Advertiser Registration – 2018 Municipal Election
Registrations from Third Party Advertisers for the Election, which will be held on Monday, October 22, 2018, will be accepted by completing the prescribed form in the Office of the Clerk.
You may register as a Third Party Advertiser if you meet the following qualifications:
· An individual who is normally a resident of Ontario;
· A corporation that carries on a business in Ontario;
· A trade union that holds bargaining rights for employees in Ontario.
The following are restricted from registering as a Third Party Advertiser:
- A candidate whose nomination paper has been filed;
- A federal political party registered under the Canada Elections Act or any federal constituency association or registered candidate at a federal election endorsed by that party;
- A provincial political party, constituency association, registered candidate or leadership contestant under the Election Finances Act;
- The Crown in right of Canada or Ontario, a municipality, or local board.
Third Party Advertisements shall only be placed after the Third Party Advertiser has registered with the Clerk within each municipality where advertisements are to be placed.
Registered Third Party Advertisers are subject to spending limits and must file a financial statement.
Registrations are required to be submitted on the prescribed form (available at the Clerk’s office) and shall be filed IN Person or by an Agent at the Clerk’s office, Township of Brock Municipal Administration Building, 1 Cameron Street East, Cannington, Ontario, L0E 1E0, during normal office hours (8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.) commencing Tuesday, May 1, 2018. The last date to file a registration form is Friday, October 19, 2018.
No person who proposes to be registered may solicit or accept contributions for election purposes or incur expenses until a registration has been filed.
Further information related to these requirements or any other issues related to the Municipal Election in the Township of Brock may be obtained from the Clerk’s office by calling 705-432-2355 or on the Township of Brock Municipal Election Page.