Take A Hike
Perhaps one of the best ways to spend some time in Brock Township is on our trails. We have some great options to get you and your family out for an adventure to explore the amazing scenery and sights in your own backyard. Some of the wonderful trails in our area include:
- The Trans-Canada Trail, which runs along the Beaver River and can be accessed from Highway 12 South of Sunderland and North of Brock Road;
- The Beaver River Wetlands Trail, which connects to the Trans-Canada Trail and travels north past Sunderland and Cannington, ending just south-west of Woodville;
- A small trail branching off of Regional Road 12 on the western outskirts of Cannington; and
- The Lagoon Reserve Walk which runs from the Harbour in Beaverton, goes around the fairgrounds and continues south.
For the cyclists looking for an amazing route, try these:
- South Brock Loop – At 46 km, this route begins in downtown Cannington, famed as the “Heart of Ontario”. The ride takes cyclists through flat rural roads with infrequent hills and light traffic.
- Beaverton / North Brock Loop – Start at the mouth of the Beaverton Harbour on Lake Simcoe on this 49 km route. This loop takes cyclists through charming downtown Beaverton and south to Cannington, before several kilometers of lakeside terrain.
All of these trails are a great way to experience nature in your local community and have a fun day getting some great exercise. This is one of the best ways to “Breathe It In” in Brock this summer.
Township of Brock Brock Board of Trade
1 Cameron Street E, Box 10 379 Simcoe Street, Box 29
Cannington, Ontario Beaverton, Ontario
L0C 1H0 L0K 1A0
T: 705-432-2355 / 1-866-223-7668 T: 705-426-2051
F: 705-432-3487 E: email@example.com
E: firstname.lastname@example.org W: www.brockboardoftrade.com