Revisions to the Voter’s List / Vote By Mail Instructions
Revisions to Voters’ List
Commencing on September 4th, 2018 the Voters’ List for the 2018 Municipal Election became available for inspection at the Township of Brock Municipal Administration Building, 1 Cameron Street East, Cannington, Ontario. The REVISION PERIOD runs from Tuesday, September 4th, 2018 until the close of voting at 8:00 p.m. on Monday, October 22nd, 2018.
Electors are encouraged to examine the list as soon as possible after September 4th, 2018 and if your name does not appear on the list and you feel you qualify as an elector or if any wrong information appears, applications for additions, deletions, or corrections to the list may be obtained from the Township of Brock at the following dates, locations, and times:
- Clerk’s Office, Municipal Office, 1 Cameron Street East (2nd Floor), Cannington, until October 19th, 2018, during regular business hours, Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., and October 22nd, 2018 (Voting Day) from 8:30 a.m. until the close of voting at 8:00 p.m. for all Wards (1 – 5);
- Beaverton Thorah Community Centre, 176 Main Street, Beaverton, from October 15th, 2018 until October 19th, 2018, during regular business hours, Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., and October 22nd, 2018 (Voting Day) from 9:00 a.m. until the close of voting at 8:00 p.m. for Wards 1, 2, & 4 ONLY;
- Sunderland Fire Hall, 217 River Street, Sunderland, from October 15th, 2018 until October 19th, 2018, during regular business hours, Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., and October 22nd, 2018 (Voting Day) from 9:00 a.m. until the close of voting at 8:00 p.m. for Wards 4 & 5 ONLY.
Vote By Mail Instructions
Between September 17th and September 21st, 2018 a VOTE BY MAIL KIT has been forwarded to each person who has qualified to be on the Voters’ List. The VOTE BY MAIL KIT will contain a voting instruction sheet, a composite ballot, ballot secrecy envelope, a voter declaration form, an outer return envelope (yellow) with prepaid postage.
Persons who have not received a VOTE BY MAIL KIT by September 26th, 2018 may obtain a kit at the above-noted locations, dates, and times.
Voting will take place in the following manner:
BY MAIL, the voter:
- upon receipt of the VOTE BY MAIL KIT, shall complete the ballot, place it in the ballot secrecy envelope and seal the envelope; AND
- shall complete and SIGN the voter declaration form and place it, together with the sealed ballot secrecy envelope in the yellow prepaid return envelope.
The last date to mail the yellow prepaid return envelope to guarantee delivery is October 11th, 2018. It is recommended that electors wait until there has been confirmation that there will be no postal disruption prior to placing their ballot in the mail.
Voters who choose not to use the mail may deposit their ballot at the above-noted dates, locations, and times. Should a postal disruption occur, notice will be given as to revised dates for the return of ballots.
No PROXY or ADVANCE VOTING PROVISIONS other than BALLOT RETURN STATIONS are applicable.
Further information related to the Municipal Election in the Township of Brock may be obtained from the Clerk’s office by calling 705-432-2355 or online.