Hall of Fame Nomination
The Brock Sports Council annually seeks nominations for individuals who have made a significant positive impact in the world of sports to be inducted into the Brock Sport’s Hall of Fame. Individuals can be involved in sport as an athlete, coach or volunteer.
Nominations for the 2019 Brock Sports Hall of Fame will be accepted until March 1, 2019.
Guidelines for Nominations:
- The inductee being nominated must have been a Brock resident at the time of performance or be considered a resident of Brock while performing outside of the Township.
- The inductee may be considered from surrounding areas if it can be proven that they performed in Brock or viewed by the Province or Nation as having performed in Brock or bringing honour to Brock.
- The nominator has provided related documents such as: (Newspaper clippings, certificates, photographs etc.).
- Nominations for Athletes/ Teams: Inductees must be retired from the sport in which they are being recognized at the time of nomination. Inductees may still be actively involved in the sport through volunteering, coaching etc. but are no longer competing as an athlete. Teams are eligible to be nominated in this category as well.
- Nominations for Athletes (Automatic Selection): Any Brock Athlete who has won any Olympic medal or any medal in a Canadian or International Championship in a non-team discipline for their sport.
- Nominations for Coaches/ Volunteers: Inductees in this category must have provided a significant contribution to the sports community for an extended period of time. Inductees in this category can be nominated while still actively participating in their role as some members may be lifelong contributors.