Fire Prevention Program
Prevention saves lives
Fire prevention activities undertaken by the department include the following:
- Inspections of buildings to ensure that construction meets the requirements of the Ontario Fire Code (wall separations, ingress and egress, fire alarms, sprinkler systems, etc.)
- Inspections and Fire Drills for locations with Vulnerable persons
- Fire Scene Investigations
- The Arson Prevention Program for Children (TAPP-C)
- School Safety Programs – fire department personnel visiting schools to teach fire safety programs to children as well as conducting fire drills. In addition, the fire department hosts the Girl Guides, Boy Scouts, Brownies, and Cubs at the fire hall in order to educate our young people about fire prevention techniques, smoke alarm campaign, carbon monoxide program, etc.
The fire department encourages any community group to contact the office if you would like staff of the department to attend your meeting in order to learn more about fire prevention. To arrange a presentation, please contact the Fire Department.