- Avoid all non-essential travel outside of Canada.
Note: Children under the age of 16 will be required to self-isolate upon their return to Canada.
- Suspend all large events and public gatherings of over 5 people.
- Remain home when sick and avoid all contact with people who are sick.
For more information on the current situation, please visit Durham Region's website.
Durham Region Health Department – https://durham.ca/novelcoronavirus
Public Health Ontario – https://ontario.ca/coronavirus
Public Health Canada – https://canada.ca/coronavirus
COVID-19 Non-Compliant Reporting Process
COVID-19 Township & Regional Updates
COVID-19 Township of Brock Closures/Cancellations
Township of Brock facilities currently closed indefinitely:
- Foster Hewitt Memorial Community Centre Beaverton
- Rick MacLeish Memorial Community Centre Cannington
- Sunderland Brock Memorial Arena
- The following community facilities:
- Wilfrid Hall
- Sunderland Town Hall
- Manilla Hall
- Beaverton Town Hall (with the exception of the Service Ontario office)
- All Outdoor Recreational Facilities including sports fields, skate parks, walking trails (Beaverton Lions Walking Loop & Sunderland Lions Walking Trail), parking lots, basketball courts, tennis courts, picnic shelters, splash pads, beaches (including the Beaverton Harbour & pier), boat launch, and boat docks.
Council & Committee Meetings
- All public meetings and open houses will also be suspended.
- Council and Committee of the Whole of the Meetings will continue, however, they will be held electronically. The public questions & clarification and delegations sections of the agenda have been suspended until further notice. Public can live stream the meetings.
- All Township appointed boards and advisory committees are suspended.
- The Township's spring fitness programs have been cancelled until further notice and registration for summer programs and day camp is on hold until further notice. Bookings for all Township facilities are suspended until May 25, 2020.
Burn Ban in effective until further notice.
How to Self-Isolate
How to Self Monitor
What is Social Distancing?
Playground and Skate Park Safety Warning
- Stay home if you’re sick
- Practice social distancing
- Avoid touching surfaces
- Wash your hands with soap and water frequently