Each urban area has its own Historical Society and museum, operated by community volunteers. Each museum has a growing collection of artifacts that are maintained and preserved by each Society and its volunteers.
Beaverton Thorah Eldon Historical Society
The Beaver River Museum is located on Simcoe Street West, bordering the Beaver River in Centennial Park. The museum features a mid-late 1800’s brick house, log house and stone jail complete with three restored cells. Period furnishings are used throughout the museum buildings to enhance the setting. An emporium, located in the basement of the log house, features work by local crafters.
P.O. Box #314
284 Simcoe Street,
Cannington Historical Society
Cannington Historical Museum – The 1860’s Francis Cabin features original family household artifacts. The Brandon Cabin, built in the 1830’s and home to a family of twelve, has a working fireplace. Other buildings include a post and beam drive shed, the Derryville Orange Lodge Hall, railway station complete with caboose and Blacksmith Shop.
PO Box 196
21 Laidlaw Street S
Sunderland & District Historical Society
The Sunderland Historical Society has relocated their large collection of artifacts, available for public viewing, to the former Sunderland Library facility at 14 Church Street North in Sunderland.
14 Church St. N.