Dog Licence / Dog Tags
All dogs must be licensed on an annual basis by no later than March 1st. In addition to sales at the municipal office and through a door-to door campaign, licences may be obtained at the following outlets:
- Davis Hardware, 324 Simcoe Street, Beaverton – (705) 426-7721
- A5 Pet Depot, 443 Mara Road, Beaverton – (705) 426-7324
- Pilgrim’s Home Hardware, 92 River Street, Sunderland – (705) 357-3456
- Brock Municipal Office, 1 Cameron St. E., Cannington – (705) 432-2355
It is important that your dog be licensed. In the event that your pet should go missing, the municipality will have a record of the dog and if it is in our possession, we can return it to you promptly. In addition, our staff spends a considerable amount of time investigating and caring for lost animals. The licence fee offsets some of these costs without placing a larger burden on the taxpayer.
Dog Licence Requirements
At the time of issuance of the licence by the Township, the owner, if required by the Township licence issuer, shall provide a certificate duly signed by a veterinarian certifying that each dog for whom the licence is proposed to be issued:
- up to date rabies and/or proof of strong titer test results preceding the date of such application for licence; and
- is neutered or spayed if it is represented that the dog is neutered or spayed
No person shall produce a false certificate misrepresenting the inoculation, spaying or castration of a dog.
Upon payment of the licence fee for a dog, the owner shall be furnished with a dog tag. The owner shall keep the dog tag securely fixed on the dog at all times until the tag is renewed or replaced.
- Dog Tag (Spayed or Castrated) – $25.00
- Dog Tag (Any Other Dog) – $30.00
- Replacement Tag – $1.00
For more information please contact our Animal Control Department.