New Employment Opportunity: Facilities Co-ordinator
The Township of Brock is seeking the services of a full-time Facilities Co-ordinator.
Reporting to the Director of Public Works, the Facilities Co-ordinator is responsible for the administration and management of all buildings, facilities, and parks as follows:
- Assess building conditions to identify required improvements;
- Secure written quotations, prepare tenders, and monitor and supervise work undertaken by contractors;
- Co-operates with community groups and members of the public over their use of Township-owned facilities;
- Prepares an annual operating and capital budget for all public buildings and properties;
- Prepares written reports under direction of the Director of Public Works for Council review;
- Prepares marketing strategies to increase the public’s use of Township facilities;
- Supervises Township arena staff on a day-to-day basis;
- Acts as the municipality’s Health & Safety Co-ordinator; and
- Develops and implements various safety procedures and staff training in accordance with municipal policies and
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Suitable education related to facilities management;
- Progressively responsible experience in facilities management;
- Demonstrated knowledge of pertinent Health and Safety legislation;
- Experience in the preparation and administration of operating and capital budgets and the preparation of tenders;
- Project management skills related to the supervision of contractors retained by the municipality;
- Excellent communication, organizational, analytical, problem solving, leadership, time management and
supervisory/management skills within a unionized setting;
- Proficiency with computer systems;
- The ability to work flexible hours which may include nights and weekends; A valid Ontario Driver’s licence (Class G) with a clean abstract; and
- The use of a personal vehicle subject to the receipt of mileage expenses.
The Township of Brock is prepared to offer the ideal candidate a competitive salary, commensurate with experience and qualifications and a comprehensive benefits package. Full detailed job description is available here. Interested applicants are invited to submit a covering letter and resume addressing how the qualifications are met, marked confidential, by no later than 12:30 p.m. on Wednesday, February 26, 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Full job posting available here.