The operation of a Taxicab in the Township is regulated and requires a licence.
By-Law No.2381-2011-PP is a by-law to provide for the licensing, regulating and governing of taxicab drivers and owners, with taxicab being defined as a member of that class of motor vehicle kept or used for hire or for conveyance of goods and passengers, which vehicle has seating for not more than seven persons, but does not include a bus, an ambulance or a hearse.
Certain requirements as set out in the by-law must be met by the owners, vehicles and the drivers. Failure to do so may revoke/prohibit a licence and/or incur a fine.
Click on the links below for driver and owner applications
- Taxi Cab Owner (New) – $550.00
- Taxi Cab Owner (Renewal) – $100.00
- Taxi Cab Owner (Renewal) After February 1st – $155.00
- Taxi Cab Owner's Licence – Replacement $33.90
- Taxi Cab Driver (New) – $100.00
- Taxi Cab Driver (Renewal) – $75.00
- Taxi Cab Driver (Renewal) After February 1st – $130.00
- Taxi Cab Driver's Licence – Replacement $33.90
- Taxi Plate – Replacement – $39.55