Automobile Wrecking Yard
Automobile Wrecking yard operations are governed by By-law Number 2380-2011-PP (pdf) and require a licence.
Applications to operate an automobile wrecking yard shall be submitted in writing together with a site plan of the property (if it is a new licence) together with a non-refundable deposit of $50.00.
Once received, an inspection will be conducted by the Municipal By-Law Enforcement Officer to ensure compliance with the by-law.
If the yard is in compliance, a licence will be issued upon payment of the required fee.
Wrecking yards are subject to the following regulations:
- the land must be zoned to permit a wrecking yard;
- it must be 150 metres from a neighbouring residence;
- access is only permitted when an attendant is on duty;
- no open burning is permitted;
- fluids must be disposed of in an environmentally-safe manner
Annual Wrecking Yard Licence Fee – $280.00
Wrecking Yard Renewal Fee after February 1 – $335.00