May 2017 Monthly E-newsletter
Township of Brock Community Accessibility Event
Media Release – Brock Tourism Business Retention and Expansion Project Underway
Fire Department – Burn By-law Clarification
2) Recreational fires used for cooking food and warmth that are no larger than 2 feet x 2 feet, do not require a permit and are permitted on all properties subject to meeting the requirements of the by-law and the Ontario Fire Code.
3) Burning in a barrel is permitted within the Shoreline Residential (SR) Zone provided that a permit has been issued.
4) Burning in a barrel is NOT permitted within the urban areas of Beaverton, Cannington or Sunderland, the hamlet of Gamebridge, Port Bolster, Wilfrid, Manilla or Property Zoned Rural Residential (RR) or fronting Pines Lane.
Celebrate Canada 150
The 150th Celebration continues! Check out the full list of celebrations happening nationwide.
This month's featured event is BioBlitz Canada 150. Immerse yourself in the wonders of nature and the joy of scientific discovery. Be one of thousands of Canadian who will take part of in BioBlitz Canada 150 – your chance to become a “citizen scientist” and work alongside conservationists and specialists in a national inventory of Canadian species. Explore dozens of ecologically and important areas across Canada, noting all the existing species and perhaps discovering new ones! Take part and celebration our natural heritage and ensure a brighter future for wildlife.
Public Works Department News
- Early Bird Deadline – Savings of $10 per child per session if registered by May 31, 2017.
- Regular Rate – As of June 1, 2017 Day Camp will increase in prices to its regular rate.
2017 Township of Brock Accessibility Award
May 29, 7:00 p.m. – Planning – Sunderland Memorial Arena
May 29, 8:00 p.m. – Planning – Sunderland Memorial Arena
June 5, 10:00 a.m. – Public Works, Parks & Recreation and Council
June 19, 10:00 a.m. – Council and Finance
- June 26 10:00 a.m. – Planning, Protection to Persons & Property and Administration & Personnel
Canada 150 Photo Contest – ” I Love My Community”
Congratulations to the April Photo of the Month Winners:
- 13 years of age and over: Beaverton Town Hall submitted by Lidka Schuch
- Under 13 years of age: Na Na I Live In Brock submitted by Vitalia Torres (featured above)
Township of Brock 19th Annual Charity Golf Tournament
- Watermain Replacement, Storm Sewer Replacement and Road Reconstruction (Mara Road) Commencing May 15th for six weeks. Mara Road from Dundas Street to Franklin Street will be closed.
- Public Information Centre – Gamebridge Bridge (Talbot Road over Talbot River) May 24, 2017 from 5:00 – 8:00 p.m. at the Knox Presbyterian Church, 1641 Ramara Road 51, Brechin
Save the Date! Official Celebration of the Beaver Trail Extension Rehabilitation
Upcoming Community Events
Rick MacLeish Memorial Community Centre
MacLeod Park, Cannington
Sunday May 28, 2017 at 1:00 – 5:00 p.m.
Manilla Community Hall