Durham Region Works Department – Reconstruction and Intersection Improvements (Reg. Rd 23 & Reg. Rd. 13)
The Regional Municipality of Durham will be reconstructing the intersection at Lake Ridge Road (Regional Road 23) and Regional Road 13 in the Township of Brock. The work includes asphalt removal, road excavation, grading, drainage, granular base, hot mix paving, curb and gutter, storm sewer, traffic signals, illumination, sod and seed and mulch.
The Region’s contractor, Mar-King Construction Company Ltd., will start work the week of October 7th and is expected to complete the project by August 2020. Unfavourable weather conditions may influence the work schedule.
The work will be completed in three stages:
- Stage 1a – Lake Ridge Road north of Regional Road 13 will be closed for five weeks starting October 15.
- Stage 1b – Regional Road 13 will be closed east of Lake Ridge Road for two weeks in November.
- Stage 2a – Lake Ridge Road south of Regional Road 13 will be closed for six weeks once Stage 1 is complete.
- Stage 2b – Regional Road 13 will be closed west of Lake Ridge Road once Stage 1 is complete.
- Stage 3a – Regional Road 13 will be closed west of Lake Ridge Road for four weeks (2020).
- Stage 3b – Regional Road 13 will be closed east of Lake Ridge Road for eight weeks (2020).
Traffic will be diverted via signed detour routes. During the road closures, the intersection will operate as an “all way” stop. Additional notices will be distributed to provide more details as the work progresses. Project information is also available on the Region’s website durham.ca/WorksProjects.
The Region realizes that the construction work will be disruptive and will make every effort to complete the work as quickly and efficiently as possible.
Should you have any questions or concerns, please contact one of the following staff members listed below from the Regional Municipality of Durham, Works Department: