Durham Region: Changes are coming to Durham Region’s water billing system in 2020
Whitby, Ontario – The Regional Municipality of Durham is pleased to announce the upcoming launch of its state-of-the-art water billing system and online customer portal: My Durham Water.
When: This new web-based customer portal, My Durham Water, will launch in early 2020.
Why: Our water and sanitary sewer users have requested a more modern approach to their municipal water and sewer bills. My Durham Water will provide online access to residents’ water and sanitary sewer accounts, billing details, consumption data, meter reading inputs, e-payments, paperless billing and more.
Note: With the system upgrade, water and sanitary sewer customers may notice the following changes on the next statement they receive sometime over the next three months:
- A new account number. No action is required on your part. You can continue to use your old account number for now.
- Your bill may arrive on a different date. Always check your statement for the payment due date.
- The amount on your first bill may vary. Your bill amount may be different, due to changes in the date that bills are issued (through the new water billing system).
- Your service charge may also change. It now covers charges based on the number of days between meter reads, instead of a fixed 90-day period.
- Commercial customers will notice a new look to their detailed statement.