Durham Region: Are you interested in being a test shopper?
Durham Region Health Department is recruiting teens aged 15 & 16 years old and attend school in the Region to be test shoppers in 2020. Durham Region has a mandate to test all tobacco and electronic cigarette vendors to determine compliance when selling/supplying to individuals under the age of 19.
Test shoppers conduct enforcement checks by attempting to purchase tobacco/e-cigarettes from a vendor. Test shoppers will be picked up and dropped off either at home or school by the Tobacco Enforcement Officers.
- Test shoppers will be paid minimum wage
- Work hours will be scheduled during off school hours (weekends, evenings, and PA days)
- May be required to attend court as a witness.
- Have a Driver’s Licence or another form of government issued ID with photo or willing to acquire one.
- Willing to use personal ID to conduct Enforcement Checks.
- Test shoppers will not conduct enforcement checks in the community where they live or attend school.
- Have legible handwriting for note taking.
- Parent/guardian consent is required.
If you are interested in this great job opportunity please submit your resume along with a recent photo of yourself to Ross MacEachern asap.
Durham Region Health Department
101 Consumers Drive, 2nd Floor, Whitby, ON L1N 1C4
(T) 905-723-3818 ext. 4640 1-888-777-9613 (F) 905-666-1887