Committee Appointments – Council Compensation Review & Non-Profit Sector Review
The Corporation of the Township of Brock is seeking community-minded individuals from all areas of the municipality to submit their names for consideration as appointees to the Council Compensation Review Committee and Non-Profit Sector Review Committee.
Council Compensation Review Committee
The Council Compensation Review Committee (CRCC) is an advisory Committee of Council, comprised of members of the public and Council, supported by Township staff, who will complete a review of the current compensation for elected officials of the Township of Brock.
A past municipally elected official is not eligible for appointment to the Committee unless that person has not been in a municipally held position for at least two (2) years prior to 2018 municipal election.
- The committee will:
- Review the current compensation for elected officials;
- Review expenditure allowances and reimbursement policies;
- Compare compensation to other municipalities in Durham Region;
- Compare compensation to similarly structured municipalities across Ontario;
- Consider the duties of Council and legislative compensation requirements and;
- Provide a formal recommendation with supporting data to Council on proposed compensation rates by December 2020.
Non-Profit Sector Review Committee
The Non-Profit Sector Review Committee (NPSRC) is an advisory Committee of Council, comprised of members of the public and Council, supported by Township of staff, who will provide advice and recommendations to Council on the current state of Non-Profit Community Organizations within the Township of Brock.
- The committee will:
- Discuss challenges and opportunities facing non-profit sector community organizations in the Township of Brock;
- Network and discuss opportunities for cross-collaboration within the community organizations in the Township of Brock and;
- Provide advice and recommendations to Council on how the Township can provide meaningful support to local organizations.
Applicants must be over 18 years of age and reside within the Township of Brock.
Interested persons are encouraged to submit an application online at https://www.townshipofbrock.ca/appointments2019 or by mail/email outlining your interest, experience and general knowledge concerning the appointment sought by 4:30 p.m. on
Friday, November 29, 2019.