Appointments – Beaverton Thorah Health Centre Board, BAAC
The Corporation of the Township of Brock is seeking community-minded individuals to submit their names for consideration as appointees to the Beaverton-Thorah Health Centre Board and the Brock Accessibility Advisory Committee.
Beaverton-Thorah Health Centre Board
The Beaverton-Thorah Health Centre Board was established in the early 1970’s as a result of a citizen involvement to provide a facility offering health care services to the community.
- The committee will:
- Review operational procedures related to the management of the health centre;
- Identify capital and operating improvements to the facility; and
- Liaise with staff and members of Council with respect to the health centre.
Brock Accessibility Advisory Committee
- The Brock Accessibility Advisory Committee (B.A.A.C.) provides advice and recommendations to the Council of the Township of Brock on matters related to the identification, removal and prevention of barriers for persons with disabilities.
- The committee will:
- Advocate on behalf of persons with disabilities through the promotion of public awareness;
- Make recommendations to Council on strategies and policies on the identification and removal of existing barriers, and to ensure that no new barriers will be created;
- To provide advice and recommendations to staff and Council on the development and implementation of the Township of Brock Multi-Year Accessibility Plan and annual status reports; and
- To monitor the development of the legislative requirements of the Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2001 (ODA), the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA) and the Integrated Accessibility Standards, Ontario Regulation 191/11 and offer advice on the Township’s compliance with various regulations contained therein.
- Applicants must be over 18 years of age and reside within the Township of Brock.
Interested persons are encouraged to submit an application online or by mail/email outlining your interest, experience and general knowledge concerning the appointment sought by 4:30 p.m. on Friday, February 1, 2019.
Thomas G. Gettinby, MA, MCIP, RPP, CMO
CAO & Municipal Clerk